Spectators at October 2nd Football Game
On October 1st, the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld Governor Wolf’s restriction on spectators at interscholastic athletic events in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. With these restrictions in mind, the Derry Area School District is implementing the following spectator procedure for this evening’s marching band show, football game, and cheerleading performance at Trojan Stadium:
Gates Open: 6:00 p.m.
Entry and Admission:
- Enter through the main gate.
- Only two spectators are permitted entry per varsity football player, varsity cheerleader, and marching band member.
- You must provide the name of your student at the gate.
Please review the following seating arrangements, each area must remain under 250 individuals (i.e.: grandstand, field, press box, and press box bleachers.)
|Marching Band||Section A|
|Marching Band||Section B|
|Marching Band/Cheer Parents||Section C|
|Marching Band/Cheer Parents||Section D|
|Away Football Parents||Section E|
|Away Football Parents||Section F|
|Away Football Parents||Section G|
|Home Football Parents||Press Box Bleachers|
|*Derry Area High School Students*||Special Area on Field|
*Student section: Mr. Long will issue special instructions via email and at the game regarding a student section.*
- Personal Health Assessment: Prior to arriving at the Derry Area School District campus, we ask that you conduct a personal health assessment to determine if you are well enough to interact with other individuals. If you are experiencing one or more Class 1 Symptom (Fever of 100.4+, Cough, Shortness of Breath, or Difficulty Breathing) or two or more Class 2 Symptoms (Sore Throat, Runny Nose/Congestion, Chills, New Lack of Smell or Taste, Muscle Pain, Nausea or Vomiting, Headache, or Diarrhea), we ask that you remain home and do not attend any Derry Area School District events.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times by individuals while entering and remaining in an athletic facility.
- Social distancing of at least 6’ must occur unless individuals are from your immediate family.
- Any gatherings of individuals are prohibited.